Please read the Mental Health Support Groups Grant Terms and Conditions CAREFULLY. Most applications we turn down are those that don’t meet the eligibility criteria. To avoid disappointment, we suggest you read the Eligibility Criteria and Exclusions sections carefully. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call.
If you need help with your application, please email email@example.com or call Nicki on 07715 799395
Purpose of the grants
The grant is available to groups that provide support and self-help initiatives to people who experience poor mental health or wellbeing, to assist them to have a meaningful break from their day-to-day routines. It aims to:
- Provide those living with poor mental health to access to activities and support
- Assist the development and sustainability of self-support groups
- Support groups to help people to self-manage their health and wellbeing, improve people’s experience of care, reduce social isolation, increase confidence, improve independent living skills and reduce hospital admissions/readmissions
Terms and Conditions
- Groups must have a minimum of 4 people.
- Groups must be based in Cornwall and only benefit residents of the county who are aged 18 years or over.
- Groups must link to a professional or recognised organisation which can vouch for the group.
- Formal groups must have a steering group or committee and provide details of this.
- Formal groups must have Public Liability Insurance. New groups can use the grant to fund this and we will require evidence in a progress report that this has been done.
- The group must have a primary focus of supporting people with poor mental health.
Your funding request
- Groups can apply for a grant to a maximum of £1000 per year (1st July 2021 to 31 March 2022).
- Formal groups (with a group bank account and a committee) may also apply for an additional amount of up to £500 if they are purchasing internet-enabled devices to be loaned out to group members who are self-isolating due to Covid..
- Organisations must not be commissioned by Cornwall Council, IoS Council or NHS Kernow to provide these activities.
- Please note, facilitator’s expenses must be part of their overall quoted fee, rather than individually listed.
Exclusions (what this grant cannot pay for)
- Travel expenses, expenses to attend meetings, unless under exceptional circumstances to be agreed by the group.
- The grant may pay for one annual Christmas meal, or similar, for the group but, otherwise, food and drink are not permitted.
- Groups cannot apply if they do not support at least 4 people.
- Groups must not be commissioned by Cornwall Council, NHS Kernow or IOS Council.
- Items and activities already paid for cannot be reimbursed through this grant.
- Applications from groups who have had a grant from us before and who have not submitted their feedback report and all relevant receipts.
- Where members are under 18 years of age.
Completing your application form
- Groups must demonstrate that they support people who have mental health and must explain how they promote their health and wellbeing.
- Applications must also explain how group members will be involved in decisions about the planned activities.
- Groups must provide details of the intended expenditure.
- Please list all costs for which the grant is required where known.
- Evidence of listed costs should be submitted with your application, e.g. specific website pages relating to your items or invoices or scans/ photocopies of catalogue pages, quotes, etc.
- If you have applied to this grant before, we must have received a feedback report and relevant receipts from you before we can process your applications. If you have not already submitted your report and receipts, please send with this application.
Once we have received your application we will check it meets the above criteria; we may contact you by telephone to discuss the application in more detail. Therefore, please ensure the contact provided is available during office hours and has knowledge of your group. We recommend that you take a copy of your application form, as you will need to refer to it if we have any queries and when completing your feedback report. Following this initial check, your application will go before the grant panel who will decide on its suitability for funding.
There are 3 grant rounds this year. Please note the following application deadlines:
|Friday 27th August 2021|
|Friday 15th October 2021|
|Friday 21 January 2022|
How your application will be assessed
The grant panel will meet approximately 3 weeks after each deadline to assess applications. The panel members assess each application using a checklist based on the grant eligibility criteria and exclusions.
You will receive the result of your application in writing within 7 working days of the assessment and, if successful, an offer letter will be sent outlining any conditions of your grant. Decisions by the panel are final and there is no right of appeal.
Appealing the panel’s decision
If you do not agree with the decision made by the grant panel, please contact the grant manager. They will of course want to resolve any issues quickly and efficiently. Please call or email:
Nicki Sweeney, Grants and Compliance Lead – tel: 07715 799395
Change of grant use
The grant must be spent for the approved purpose and failure to do so could result in a request for funds to be returned. If your circumstances change and you wish to amend your original activity, you must notify CRCC in writing detailing the proposed change and await approval by the grant manager before proceeding with the new activity.
Applicants must agree to complete a feedback report, as and when requested. Feedback must be received by 31 March 2022 on a standard form supplied by CRCC. Your feedback is used by us to report back to Cornwall Council and NHS Kernow on the progress of the grant programme, therefore reports must be completed as requested. We are always delighted to receive photographs of group activities and these may be included in the documents we send to the grant commissioners. Please obtain permission from any persons in any photographs before sending to us.
When returning the form please include copies of receipts and invoices obtained for all items purchased. No further grant applications will be considered until this has been received and approved by CRCC.
Need more information?
If you need more information please contact:
CRCC, The Chambers, 1st Floor, Penryn Street, Redruth TR15 2SP
Tel: Nicki 07715 799395