The grant is available to groups that provide support and self-help initiatives to people who experience poor mental health or wellbeing, to assist them to have a meaningful break from their day-to-day routines. It aims to:
– Provide those living with poor mental health to access to activities and support
– Assist the development and sustainability of self-support groups
– Support groups to help people to self-manage their health and wellbeing, improve people’s experience of care, reduce social isolation, increase confidence, improve independent living skills and reduce hospital admissions/readmissions
Groups can apply for up to £1000. You may apply more than once per year but your annual total must not exceed £1000. New groups can also apply for start-up costs of up to £500, then apply again later for further funds (up to £500).
- Groups must have a minimum of 4 members
- The grant will fund group running costs, such as room hire, insurance, plus activities, such as theatre trips, garden visits, etc.
- The grant cannot pay for travel expenses.
- The grant may pay for one annual Christmas meal, or similar, for the group but, otherwise, food and drink are not permitted.
11 September 2020
6 November 2020
18 December 2020
26 February 2021
14 May 2021
Please read the grant terms and conditions first before completing the application form
Complete the Mental Health Support Group Grant Application Form here
If you prefer, you can download a Word version of the application form instead
Please tell us how this grant has helped your group by completing a feedback report