This grant is can fund dementia support groups/ organisations and memory cafés. It can award funds towards a group’s running costs, including workshops and activities that enhance the wellbeing of people with dementia. It aims to:
– Provide those living with dementia access to activities and support
– Assist the development and sustainability of self-support groups
– Support groups to help people to self-manage their health and wellbeing, improve people’s experience of care, reduce social isolation, increase confidence, improve independent living skills and reduce hospital admissions/readmissions
Groups can apply for up to £1000 per year. New groups can apply for up to £500 towards their start-up costs first, then apply for further funds (up to £500) later.
- Groups must have a minimum of 4 members
- The grant will fund group running costs, such as room hire and insurance, plus activities, such as theatre trips, garden visits, etc.
- The grant cannot pay for travel expenses; it also cannot pay for food and drink; it may pay for one annual Christmas meal, or similar, but, otherwise, food and drink is not permitted.
9 September 2020
30 October 2020
4 December 2020
12 February 2021
7 May 2021
Please read the grant terms and conditions first before completing the application form
Complete the Memory Activity and Support Groups Grant Application Form here
If you prefer, you can download a Word version of the application form instead:
Please tell us how the grant has helped your group by completing a feedback form